We know visiting a new church has its challenges. If you’re looking for a new church, have never been to church before, or are not sure where to begin, you are welcome here!
We hope this information helps you feel more at ease.
What is it like?
- We follow the standard Lutheran worship service order, changing with the seasons of the church year. We sing a wide variety of hymns from upbeat to traditional oldies.
What do I wear?
- You are welcome no matter your clothing choice! Folks joining us for worship wear a variety of styles from formal to casual. Most people fall somewhere in between.
What about my kids?
- Kids are just as important as the adults at HCLC! Kids have Sunday School before worship at 8:45 am (Sept-May) and then we all join together for worship at 9:30 am. During worship there are "Little Lutheran" bags as well as activities at the small children's table in the Sanctuary. Kids are always welcome!
Where do I park?
- We have paved accessible parking behind the building, including space for those who cannot easily do stairs. We have a large paved parking lot in the front of the building. Just follow the stairs up to the front doors.
Where do I go once inside?
- In the summer we worship outside in our outdoor Chapel on the backside of the church. You can enter through the building and down the hall to your left, and through the kitchen to get outside. You can also go up the driveway on the side of the church. The rest of the year we worship indoors in our Sanctuary. When you enter the front of the church the Sanctuary doors are almost immediately in front of you to the right. If you come from the back lot you would go through the kitchen, turn left, go down the hall past the bathrooms and find your way to the front entry and Sanctuary. The rear entrance and route to the Sanctuary is wheelchair accessible.
Pastor Peggy would love to connect with you on your journey. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the Church Office phone, 973-827-5251.